Assistant Professor of Clinical Plastic Surgery
Dr. Albert Chao is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Surgery here at the OSU Department of Plastic Surgery. He is a board-certified surgeon, specialty-trained in Plastic Surgery and Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery, and has specialty interests in cancer and trauma reconstruction, as well as free flap breast reconstruction (TRAM, DIEP, and SIEA), microsurgery, and implant breast reconstruction. Dr. Chao is experienced with a number of reconstructive surgery techniques, and has been educated and trained in some of the most respected medical institutions in the world, including the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston and the Plastic Surgery Residency Program at Washington University in St. Louis.
Please contact the Ohio State University Department of Plastic Surgery for more information.
- B.S. – Biochemistry – University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI – 2001
- M.D. – University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL – 2005
- Residency – Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Washington University, St. Louis, MO – 2005-2010
- Fellowship – Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery – M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas – 2010-2011
- Appointment – 2011
- Specialty Interests – Cancer and trauma reconstruction, microsurgery, free flap (DIEP, TRAM, SIEA) and implant-based breast reconstruction.
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS): Member
- American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery (ASRM): Member
- Columbus Society of Plastic Surgery (CSPS): Member
See Dr. Chao’s publications on PubMed