Associate Professor of Plastic Surgery
Dr. Chandawarkar received his Master of Surgery from the University of Bombay, India. Following his medical degree, he completed an internship at the University of Bombay residency in surgery at Tata Memorial Hospital. He completed two fellowships in surgical oncology at Tata Memorial Hospital and Kurume University in Japan. Subsequently he completed a research fellowship in head and neck oncology at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York. Dr. Chandawarkar completed general surgery and plastic surgery reisdencies at Akron General Medical Center in Akron, Ohio, and at the Northeastern Ohio University College of Medicine. He also completed microsurgical reconstructive surgery fellowship at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas.
Additionally, he has over 65 publications, several book chapters and holds 17 US-patents. He has been a member of several NIH Grant Review Panels, was on the editorial board for the Journal of Surgical Research until 2014. In 1999 and 2000, he was awarded the NEOUCOM Department of Surgery Research Award., the John P. Minton Oncology Award, American College of Surgeons.
- M.D. – University of Bombay, Seth G S Medical College – 1987
- Residency – Tata Memorial Hospital, Bombay, India – 1993
- Residency – Akron General Medical, Akron, Ohio – 2000
- Residency – Summa Health System/North Eastern Ohio University College of Medicine, Akron, Ohio – 2002
- Fellowship: MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas – 2003
- Appointment – 2013
Honors & Involvement
- Member of the New England Surgical Society
- Member of the Association of Academic Surgeons
- Indian Society of Head and Neck Oncology
- Plastic Surgery Research Council
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery