Professor of Clinical Plastic Surgery
Dr. Richard E. Kirschner is a Clinical Professor of Surgery at the Ohio State University Department of Plastic Surgery. He is also the Chief of Plastic Surgery and the Director of the Cleft Lip and Palate-Cranofacial Institute at Nationwide Children’s Hospital. Dr. Kirschner’s specialty interests include cleft lip and palate conditions, general pediatric reconstructive surgery, birthmarks, and velopharyngeal dysfunction. His research interests include Cleft Lip and palate conditions, craniofacial biology, 22q11.2 deletion, and velopharyngeal dysfunction.
- M.D. – University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida – 1989
- Research Fellowship – Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY – 1993
- General Surgery Residency – New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center – 1995
- Plastic Surgery Residency – University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia – 1997
- Plastic Surgery Fellowship – Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia – 1998