Stephen Poteet, MD is a board-certified surgeon specializing in plastic surgery, including both reconstructive and cosmetic procedures at the Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. Dr. Poteet is currently working to build international opportunities within the Ohio State Department of Plastic Surgery for faculty and residents to serve and train with colleagues overseas.
- Plastic Surgery Residency, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- General Surgery Residency, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- MD, University of Alabama School of Medicine
- BS, Samford University
- General plastic surgery, both reconstruction and aesthetic
- Developing plastic surgery opportunities internationally among underserved communities
- Facial reconstruction after MOHS surgery
- Global Health and Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery education
- Improving access to surgical care
Exploring opportunities to develop plastic surgery training among underserved communities internationally
Honors, Organizations & Publication
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
- Publication: “Veterans Affairs general surgery service: the last bastion of integrated specialty care.” Poteet S, Tarpley M, Tarpley JL, Pearson AS. Am J Surg. 2011 Nov;202(5) 507-10.